Sheldrick's Baby Elephant Orphanage, Giraffe Centre, Karen Blixen, Kazuri Beads - 6 Hours
Built in 1912, Karen Blixen Museum was home to Danish Author, poet and Artist- Karen Blixen. Made famous by the Oscar Award winning film ‘Out of Africa’, based on Karen’s autobiography by the same title, the then farmhouse was established as a museum in 1
Full Safari Itinerary
Pick up from Nairobi city hotels and proceeds to the David Shedrick baby elephant orphanage, where we view baby elephant orphans during feeding time that starts from 11:00 am to 12 noon. We shall then stop at the Giraffe Center where we shall have a closer view and even feed the Rothschild’s Giraffes. We shall enjoy lunch at the Karen Blixen coffee garden or the famous Carnivore restaurant.
During the afternoon we shall visit the Karen Blixen museum to learn more about Kenya’s colonial history. We shall wrap up the tour at the Kazuri bead center (a self-help women’s project) where we watch women artisans making unique bead products and even maybe purchase some.
Later drop off at your hotel or airport at the end of the tour.
Need To Know
What's included & excluded in the price?
WHAT TO EXPECT
- International flights
- Kenyan Visa, purchased on arrival
- Laundry, sleeping bags, beverages/Drinks, accommodation before the trek and climbing gears
- Vaccinations and malaria tablets
- Personal expenses
- Items of personal nature
- Travel insurance
- Tips paid only to the main guide for distribution to Porters and cooks
- Any other extras not detailed in the above itinerary
- Pick up/drop off at Nairobi hotel
- Transport in a tour van
- Services of driver/guide
- Entry fees to Karen Blixen Museum, David Sheldrick & Giraffe center
- Lunch at the Karen Blixen coffee garden / Carnivore Restaurant
- Bottled drinking water in a safari van
- Government taxes
- Items and services of a personal nature
- Tips & Gratuities