Wildlife and Cultural Encounters: A 10-Day Adventure in Uganda
Full Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival in Entebbe or Kampala
Upon arrival at Entebbe International Airport, you'll be warmly welcomed and transferred to your hotel in Entebbe or Kampala. Rest, rejuvenate, and prepare for the upcoming adventure.
Day 2: Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary
After a delicious breakfast, embark on a scenic drive to Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary, located in Nakasongola district. This sanctuary is home to Uganda's only wild rhinos. Join experienced trackers and venture into the sanctuary's lush landscapes, tracking these magnificent creatures on foot. Observe their behavior and learn about the conservation efforts aimed at protecting these endangered species. Enjoy a comfortable overnight stay at a lodge surrounded by the sanctuary's natural beauty.
Day 3: Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary
Spend another day in Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary, immersing yourself in the tranquility of the surroundings. Engage in additional rhino-tracking activities or explore the sanctuary's diverse flora and fauna. In the evening, participate in a cultural encounter with the local community, gaining insights into their traditions, music, and dance. Return to your lodge for a restful night.
Day 4: Murchison Falls National Park
Leave Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary behind and head to Murchison Falls National Park, Uganda's largest national park. Arrive at your lodge, located on the banks of the Nile River, and enjoy a leisurely lunch. In the afternoon, embark on a thrilling game drive through the park, encountering a wide array of wildlife, including elephants, giraffes, buffalos, and lions. As the day ends, witness a stunning African sunset over the park before returning to your lodge for a comfortable overnight stay.
Day 5: Murchison Falls National Park
Wake up early for an unforgettable adventure. Embark on a boat cruise along the Nile River to the base of the mighty Murchison Falls. As you navigate the waters, marvel at the abundant wildlife, such as hippos, crocodiles, and a plethora of bird species. Arriving at the base of the falls, witness the awe-inspiring sight as the Nile River plunges through a narrow gorge, creating a magnificent display of power and beauty. Capture this breathtaking moment on camera before cruising back to the lodge. In the afternoon, relax and enjoy the peaceful ambiance of the lodge or opt for an optional activity such as a nature walk or bird watching. Overnight stay at your lodge.
Day 6: Kibale National Park
Today, venture towards Kibale National Park, known as the primate capital of East Africa. Enjoy a scenic drive through rural Uganda, passing vibrant villages and picturesque landscapes. Upon arrival, settle into your comfortable lodge nestled in the heart of the park. In the afternoon, embark on a guided nature walk, exploring the park's diverse ecosystems and encountering various plant and animal species. Immerse yourself in the sights and sounds of the forest before returning to the lodge for a restful evening.
Day 7: Kibale National Park
Prepare yourself for an incredible experience - chimpanzee trekking in Kibale National Park. After an early breakfast, meet your expert guide and set off into the forest. Traverse dense vegetation, listening to the calls of birds and monkeys along the way. As you track the chimpanzees, learn about their behavior and conservation efforts aimed at protecting these endangered primates. Finally, come face-to-face with these intelligent creatures, observing them in their natural habitat. After spending a magical hour with the chimpanzees, hike back to the starting point and return to the lodge for a well-deserved rest.
Day 8: Queen Elizabeth National Park
Bid farewell to Kibale National Park and journey to Queen Elizabeth National Park, renowned for its diverse ecosystems and abundant wildlife. Upon arrival, check-in at your lodge and enjoy a delicious lunch. In the afternoon, embark on a thrilling game drive through the park, where you'll encounter a variety of animals, including elephants, buffalos, antelopes, and possibly even tree-climbing lions. Capture the beauty of the park's landscapes as the sun sets, casting a golden glow over the savannah. Return to the lodge for a comfortable overnight stay.
Day 9: Queen Elizabeth National Park
Wake up early for a memorable sunrise game drive, as the park awakens to a new day. Keep your eyes peeled for the elusive leopard and other predators on the prowl. Traverse the park's vast plains, spotting herds of elephants, graceful giraffes, and an array of bird species. After the morning game drive, return to the lodge for a hearty breakfast. In the afternoon, embark on a boat cruise along the Kazinga Channel, a waterway known for its dense population of hippos, crocodiles, and a plethora of bird species. Enjoy the breathtaking views and capture incredible wildlife sightings. Return to the lodge for a relaxing evening.
Day 10: Departure
After a memorable safari adventure, it's time to bid farewell to the stunning landscapes and warm hospitality of Uganda. Enjoy a leisurely breakfast at the lodge before embarking on your journey back to Entebbe or Kampala. Reflect on the incredible experiences and unforgettable memories as you transfer to the airport for your onward flight.
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Meals as specified in the itinerary
- Professional English-speaking guide
- Park entrance fees
- Rhino tracking experience at Ziwa Rhino Sanctuary
- Game drives in Murchison Falls National Park and Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Boat cruise on the Nile River to Murchison Falls
- Chimpanzee trekking experience in Kibale National Park
- Boat cruise on the Kazinga Channel in Queen Elizabeth National Park
- Cultural encounters with local communities
- All ground transportation in a comfortable safari vehicle
- Bottled drinking water during game drives and transfers
- International flights
- Visa fees
- Travel Insurance
- Optional activities and excursions
- Personal expenses such as souvenirs, tips, and gratuities
- Additional meals and beverages not specified in the itinerary
- Engage with local communities, learn their traditions and ways of life
- Visit local markets and try traditional cuisines
- Enjoy bird watching in the diverse national parks
- Take part in optional activities such as nature walks, birding tours, or hot air balloon safaris (subject to availability)
What to Pack:
- Comfortable and lightweight clothing (long-sleeved shirts, trousers, shorts, and a jacket for cooler evenings)
- Hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen for sun protection
- Sturdy walking shoes or hiking boots for trekking activities
- Insect repellent and malaria prophylaxis (consult with a healthcare professional)
- Binoculars and a camera with extra batteries and memory cards
- Personal toiletries and medications
- A small backpack for day trips and carrying essentials
- Travel adapter for charging electronic devices
Note: It is recommended to pack light and consider luggage restrictions on domestic flights or any additional activities that may have specific packing requirements.
Embark on an unforgettable journey through Uganda's wildlife and cultural treasures, immersing yourself in stunning landscapes, encountering majestic wildlife, and connecting with local communities. This 10-day adventure promises to leave you with lasting memories and a deep appreciation for Uganda's natural and cultural heritage.