Amboseli and Tsavo Expedition: A Captivating 6-Day Camping Safari in Kenya
Full Safari Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival in Nairobi
Upon arrival at Jomo Kenyatta International Airport in Nairobi, you will be warmly greeted by our friendly tour representative. They will transfer you to your campsite in Nairobi, where you can relax and unwind after your journey. Take this opportunity to soak in the vibrant atmosphere of the city and prepare for the safari ahead.
Day 2: Amboseli National Park
After a delicious breakfast, we embark on a scenic drive to Amboseli National Park. Known for its awe-inspiring views of Mount Kilimanjaro, Africa's highest peak, Amboseli offers a remarkable wildlife experience. Explore the vast savannahs, wetlands with bubbling sulfur springs, and acacia woodlands. Keep your camera ready to capture sightings of elephants, lions, cheetahs, giraffes, zebras, and an abundance of birdlife. As the sun sets, witness the magical sight of elephants silhouetted against the backdrop of Mount Kilimanjaro.
Day 3: Amboseli National Park
Continue your adventure in Amboseli National Park, immersing yourself in its diverse habitats and incredible biodiversity. Marvel at the large herds of elephants that roam the park, and observe the interactions between different wildlife species. Enjoy game drives, guided nature walks, and birdwatching, as you discover the hidden treasures of this remarkable ecosystem.
Day 4: Tsavo West National Park
Today, we depart for Tsavo West National Park, a rugged wilderness characterized by volcanic landscapes, rolling plains, and ancient lava flows. Explore the enchanting Mzima Springs, where crystal-clear waters gush from underground streams, providing a home to hippos, crocodiles, and a variety of bird species. Visit the Shetani Lava Flow, a dramatic expanse of solidified lava, and keep your eyes peeled for the park's abundant wildlife, including elephants, lions, leopards, and diverse birdlife.
Day 5: Tsavo East National Park
Our journey continues to Tsavo East National Park, the largest protected area in Kenya. Discover the park's iconic attractions, such as the vast Yatta Plateau. Tsavo East National Park, the largest protected area in Kenya, beckons with its awe-inspiring landscapes and incredible wildlife encounters. Explore the vast savannahs, dense thickets, and seasonal rivers that form the backdrop for unforgettable game drives. Keep your eyes peeled for the "Red Elephants" of Tsavo, known for their distinctive reddish-brown color due to the park's rich red soil. Encounter prides of lions, herds of zebras and giraffes, and perhaps even the elusive leopard. Visit the iconic Lugard Falls, where the Galana River cascades over a series of rock formations, creating a spectacular sight and a haven for birdwatchers.
Day 6: Return to Nairobi
On the final day of your Amboseli and Tsavo Expedition, enjoy a morning game drive in Tsavo East National Park, bidding farewell to the wildlife that has captured your heart. After the exhilarating adventure, we return to Nairobi, where the safari concludes. Take this opportunity to explore Nairobi's vibrant markets for last-minute souvenir shopping, visit the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust to meet orphaned elephants, or relax at your campsite before your departure.
- Comfortable camping accommodations throughout the safari.
- Delicious meals as per the itinerary.
- Park fees and conservation charges.
- Airport transfers to and from Jomo Kenyatta International Airport.
- Guided game drives in custom safari vehicles.
- Services of a professional and knowledgeable tour guide throughout the safari.
- International flights and visa fees.
- Personal expenses such as drinks, laundry, and souvenirs.
- Optional activities and excursions not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Tips and gratuities for guides and camp staff.
- Travel insurance (highly recommended).
- Engage in thrilling game drives for wildlife spotting and photography opportunities.
- Embark on guided nature walks to explore the unique flora and fauna of the parks.
- Experience the vibrant Maasai culture with a visit to a local village and interaction with the community.
- Enjoy birdwatching, as the parks are home to a diverse array of bird species.
- Witness the captivating African sunsets and indulge in stargazing under the vast Kenyan sky.
What to Pack:
- Lightweight and breathable clothing for warm days.
- Layered clothing for cooler evenings and early mornings.
- Comfortable walking shoes or hiking boots.
- Sunscreen, sun hat, and sunglasses to protect against the African sun.
- Insect repellent and a mosquito net for added comfort during camping.
- Binoculars and a camera with extra batteries for capturing wildlife moments.
- Personal medications and a basic medical kit.
- A reusable water bottle to stay hydrated during game drives.
- Travel adapter and chargers for electronic devices.
Embark on the Amboseli and Tsavo Expedition, and let the enchanting wilderness of Kenya captivate your spirit as you forge unforgettable memories on this remarkable 6-day camping safari.